Google+ Little LDS Ideas: Primary Bulletin Board Ideas for 2011: 'I Know the Scriptures Are True'

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Primary Bulletin Board Ideas for 2011: 'I Know the Scriptures Are True'

At our Primary Presidency meetings we've been racking our brains trying to come up with an idea for our bulletin board. At first we had the idea of 'Feast upon the word.' But we had a hard time coming up with what we would do for that theme. Then the Primary President called me with some fabulous bulletin board ideas. Here are the 3 themes we chose from:

'Feast Upon the Word'
'The Iron Rod'
(since it's the word of God.)
And
'Treasure the Scriptures'

As soon as she said 'Treasure the Scriptures' I knew that was the one that we had to do. So we got to work and came up with these ideas.
We bought some brown packagin paper (it comes in rolls like wrapping paper and is pretty inexpensive). You could also use an off white if you wanted to. Then we cut the brown paper to match the length of the bulletin board and crumpled it up (then flattened it out) and stapled it to the bulletin board.
The reason we crumpled it up is because we want it to look like a treasure map, and treasure maps are never nice and straight, so crumple that paper up.

Next I created a big treasure chest. We had a big roll of yellow paper in the Primary closet so I used that. Using a picture of a treasure chest from the Primary President I was able to make a cute little treasure chest. I hot glued some fake plastic gold coins and one of my daughter's little necklaces inside the treasure chest. And right in the middle of all the treasure I placed a picture of the scriptures. I ended up having to take a picture of scriptures because I couldn't find a large enough one online.

We are going to post different pictures that have to do with 'treasures we receive from reading the scriptures'. The pictures are going to make up our 'treasure map'. We are going to have either small footprints or a dashed line leading from one picture to the next and have the pictures go all around the bulletin board.

Update: We ended up not doing the treasure map idea, but I think it still turned out great! Here are some pictures of the finished bulletin board.



Here's a closer look at the pictures.
Our Primary President found quotes and scriptures that had to do with the scriptures and added those as well. I think she did an amazing job. :)


 And the left side of the bulletin board.


And a close-up of the treasure.


And here is the picture of the scriptures that I used inside the treasure chest. I decided I'd better download it online for all of you to use. So if you are in need of a picture of the scriptures here you go.

Well, I hope all of you like our finished product. :)
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what your finished product will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a picture of your bulleting board? Love all of your ideas!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's friday and I cant wait to see your bulleten board!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want you to know that I have enjoyed reading this blog and have included it in My personal list of Faithful blogs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your idea; which gave me a new idea. I purchased a wooden "treasure chest" at a craft store and painted it gold. Each week the children may add a "gem" or gold coin to the chest if they have "treasured their scriptures" that week. If they have read (at all- doesn't matter how much) then they may add a treasure to the chest. During the year, we will talk about what treasures we have gained from reading the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new Primary President and you have been a lifesaver for me, I am not a creative person and I admire people like you who turn these sharing times and basic ideas into something the children can really get into. Love all your ideas and will be checking back weekly for any new inspiration. THANK YOU SO MUCH SHEENA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your fantastic ideas. We used your ideas and created a board of our own. I will e-mail you the picture.

    ReplyDelete