Google+ Little LDS Ideas: Fun Review Game for 5th Sunday in May!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Fun Review Game for 5th Sunday in May!

Alright...I wasn't sure if I was going to post any ideas for this Sunday, but yesterday I got a comment from 'Frost Family' (Sorry I don't know your first name) asking if I had any ideas to share. I had been thinking of some, and after I read your comment I decided I would post an idea. So here is my idea...I hope it can help some of you out.
I thought a review game would be fun. A game that focused on each principle and ordinance that the children have learned this month. I had a few game ideas, but I finally decided on a Jeopardy game.

There are 5 different categories: Faith, Repentance, Holy Ghost, & Scripture Search. Some of the questions may be a little hard for Jr. Primary, but I thought the teachers could help.
Click Here to view my Jeopardy game.

If you don't want to play Jeopardy (it may not be exciting enough for Jr. Primary) you could use the questions that I have given and play my LDS Squares gameTic-Tac-Toe, or Squares Game.

Some other ideas you could do:
Bowling- if you have a bowling set, take turns having the children come up and bowl. Then ask them a question. If they answer correctly they get to keep their score, if they answer incorrectly they get a Gutter Ball.
Basket Toss- I did this for Singing time. Get several buckets/baskets. Inside each basket have a piece of paper with different points in them (i.e.- 5, 10, 15, 20pts.). Split the primary into 2 teams. Take turns choosing a child form each team to come up to the front of them room. Ask them a question. If they answer correctly they get to toss a ball into a basket. If they answer incorrectly the other team gets a chance to steal.
Balloon Pop- this is a game that the Jr. Primary loves. Have different questions inside of balloons. Blow each balloon up. Choose a child to come up and pop a balloon, either by sitting on it or using a pin. Once it's popped find the question and ask the child the question. This is a really fun game, and it's not too loud.

Well, there are some ideas. I hope you like them. Let me know if you use any and how your Sharing Time went. And please let me know if you have any questions or problems. Just leave a comment or send me an email @ littleldsideas@hotmail.com. Thanks!! Have a great weekend!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I love all your ideas...thank you so much!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the 1st counselor in primary. This October will be the first time I've ever done a primary sacrament program. We have 65 kids participating. Any ideas you have on how to help it be reverent and still fun for the kids would be great. Thanks for all of your great ideas. I love your blog. It's really inspiring! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to use your basket toss idea with your Jeopardy questions. I think the kids will really love it, and your questions are a great review! Thanks for sharing your ideas and hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I totally appreciate your help!
    I am so glad you responded and posted some ideas- love it! Thanks again for all your hard work and fun ideas- can't wait til tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly what I was looking for....thanks so much for all your great ideas.
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your ideas. Thanks for posting something for the 5th Sunday!

    ReplyDelete