Google+ Little LDS Ideas: Update: Printable Articles Of Faith Cards

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Update: Printable Articles Of Faith Cards

I have updated the link to my Articles of Faith cards. Sorry if you tried to download these and had a problem, but the problem is fixed! Just click the link below to print. I also provided a link below for my other Articles of Faith cards. Take a look!


Original Post Feb. 2010:
This year in our Primary, we will be focusing on memorizing the Articles of Faith. We decided to have them memorize them since 3 of the 'scriptures of the month' are Articles of Faith. So, to keep track of each child, we made these cards.

On mine I typed the children's names on the white piece of cardstock. But you won't be able to add names onto the PDF file, so I would just make the colored piece of cardstock a little longer, and type/write each child's name on the bottom of the colored piece of cardstock.

Be sure to change the layout of your paper to 'Landscape' when printing the Articles of Faith Cards.
Click on the link to view the Articles of Faith PDF file. Then click 'Print'. Then the 'print box' will pop up, don't click 'print' yet. Click on 'Preferences' and then up at the top, click the 'Basics' tab. Then you will be able to change your paper orientation to 'Landscape'. Click OK, and then you are ready to print!

I printed mine on white cardstock, and then got different colored cardstock for the back of each card (Pink and Purple for the girls, and Blue and Green for the boys.) Cut each colored piece of cardstock to the size that you want(mine are 8" X 4"), then glue the white cardstock that you printed onto the colored cardstock.

 Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. And please let me know how they turn out. Thanks!!

I also have some really cute Boy & Girl Articles of Faith Cards:
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sheena,
    These are really neat. We are also doing Articles of Faith in our primary but have a big chart that they get checked off. I think this is so cute though. Are you putting stickers over the article of faith as it gets memorized? Where did you get these stickers if that's what they are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, they are stickers. We found them at Deseret Book. I know when I bought mine, they only had one pack left, so they must sell alot of them. I forgot to say that at the end of the year, the children get to take their cards home. They seem to like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheena. I just found your blog and I'm loving it! May I ask you a favor? Could I have the cards in Word format so that I can translate them to Portuguese? That'd be awesome.
    Hugs from Brazil
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Primary Prez TillieFebruary 14, 2010 at 5:23 PM

    I like your blog! I will use this idea at our quarterly Primary Activity day in March. We are also focusing on the Articles of Faith. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you ever get your pdf or make them a word document for sharing? Cause I would LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you teaching the Sunbeams and Junior Primary who can't read? That's what I'm struggling with...our entire Junior primary is under the age of 5 with 3 classes of Sunbeams, and 3 classes of CTR A's (last year's Sunbeams).

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have asked for the parents to help teach their younger children at home. We put a reminder in the Sacrament Program every Sunday and remind them which Article of Faith we are learning for the month.
    During opening exercises in primary, whoever is conducting, will hold up the Article of Faith (We have the big Article of Faith cards) and say it. Then we have the kids say it 2-3 times after that. Usually we'll have them do something while saying the Article of Faith, i.e.-eyes closed, standing on one foot, nose plugged, etc. They really enjoy this. After we have repeated it 2-3 times, we let the children who have memorized it come up and say it. We had so many children wanting to say it, that we finally had to assign a certain Sunday for each class, i.e- 1st Sunday: anyone that knows the new AoF, 2nd Sunday: Valiant 8,9,10&11. Anyone in those classes that has memorized the AoF can come up and say it.
    We have even had the younger ones come up as a class and say it together. Not everyone knows it, but I think they enjoy it.
    I think the best thing for the Sunbeams, is asking the parents to help. Hope this helps.
    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI,

    I really like these but is there a way to get them without having to be a scribd member?

    Thanks,
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI,

    I really like these, but is there a way to download without being a scribd member?

    Thanks,
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan,
      Sorry about that. I don't know why Scribd does that. I can email you the file if you'd like. I also have some other Article of Faith cards that I made up. Here's the link: http://littleldsideas.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-articles-of-faith-punch-cards.html.
      I can email you both if you'd like. Just let me know. Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Hi Sheena! I love these cards and would like to use them in our Primary this year Ü Could you explain to me how to download them without being a Scribd member?
    Thanks!

    Heather~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sheena!

    I love these and would love to use them in our Primary this year Ü Could you explain how to download them without being a Scribd member?
    Thanks!

    Heather~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,
      I can email the file to you. Just send me an email at littleldsideas@hotmail.com. Thanks!

      Delete
  12. THANK YOU FOR THIS! It's my first year teaching primary and need all the help I can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you have the Articles of Faith in this same format so I can print them all out and punch a hole in the corner to put them on a ring and make a little Articles of Faith booklet for my kids?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you have all 13 Articles of Faith in this same format? I would like to print them all out, punch a hole in the corners, and put a ring on it to make booklets.

    ReplyDelete